Happy Monday, all! It’s time again for some weekly trad picks! Could there be anything better than beginning your week with some great trad tunes? We think not. Scroll down to #17 to enjoy this week’s selection.
About This Week’s Picks
17. Arthur McBride, Paul Brady
Although this tune varies from the typical instrument-only trad idea, Brady’s voice and guitar-work make this tune lovely.
18. Sail Away Ladies/Walking in the Parlour, Michael McGoldrick
A nice, upbeat set to help get that blood moving at the beginning of the week.
19. Tommy Peoples’/The Long Drop/Callaghan’s, Kevin Crawford
This set begins with probably the one of the most well-known tunes of the past 40yrs. Always a favorite around Grafton & Grand.
20. The Dingle Set – Dance, The Chieftains
Some might cry shite at this choice because it’s often associated with Christmas time. However, we dare you to listen to it and not tap the rhythm with one of your limbs.
21. Piper Through The Meadow Straying, Mark Arrington
Lovely and bouncy traditional set that evokes the joy of a bright spring day (like today!).
22. Buachaill On Eirne, The Corrs
“Come By the Hills”…but in Gaelic. Affectionately sung by The Corrs.
23. McDermott’s Reel/The Plough and The Stars/Miss McLeod’s Reel, Patrick Street
When it comes to dancing, reels are either way too fast or way too slow. This one is perfectly down the middle…and plenty of fun, to boot.